Well, let’s take a look at my knitting New Year’s Resolutions of 2008:
1. Learn to knit socks with 2 circular needles – still haven’t done that
2. Complete a pair of fingering weight socks
I’m still bitter about them, but they are done.
3. Learn to do yarnovers – I did! and they were easy! Who knew?
4. Learn colorwork – Nope, not yet. It still scares me.
5. Entrelac – See #4
6. Make 1 sweater I did and it came out fabulous!
7. Learn a provisional cast-on – Not yet
8. De-stash. According to Ravelry, I have over 6800 yards of yarn in my stash. Very scared about that. – I’ve been shopping the stash. I still have way too much yarn, but I’m trying to look there first before I go out and buy anything. I also participated in a yarn swap and got rid of a ton of crap yarn.
9. Learn to knit continental – Not yet
10. Felt something – Not yet
I proudly present the last of my five projects.
Isn’t it cute? My friend lent me the magazine with the pattern. I wasn’t crazy about the hat, but that’s probably because it required me to pick up stitches. Knit up very fast and I’m quite pleased with it!
For months now I’ve been working on a fairly basic pair of socks. The first sock took me a week and a half. The second one….oh the second one…well that took months. I don’t know if the yarn was cursed or if I got cocky and the knitting gods decided to teach me the error of my ways, but it was a dark time.
It’s done now. My mom loves the socks.
And they look reasonably good. I couldn’t get them to match, but I gave up on that in the hopes of just getting through the project.
So lately I’ve been working on projects for my friends who are either having babies or who have already had their babies. It’s been so long since I’ve done some nice quick things, I forgot about the rush you get when you finish a project in a day. And so I present to you Saartje’s Bootees. Quick and adorable!